Google Docs is a free web-based word processor which includes Google slides, sheets, and presentations. Although, Google Docs has all the dynamic features to make an excellent presentation where you can create and edit files with other users in real-time online.
We all face a significant setback that we cannot add background images to the texts you form in Google Docs. It becomes annoying when you want to send your Google docs document with your custom brand image, which Google Docs doesn’t support.
However, we have a fix for you on this! In this article, we’ll guide you to add a picture behind the text in your Google Docs document.
How do I insert image behind text in Google Docs?
For those who don’t know, you cannot insert an image behind the text in Google docs directly. But you can manually do add your custom background image with some workarounds we have for you. Let’s go through them below:
1. Add a background image to Google Docs using Microsoft Word
In this method, you have to use the very famous word processor “Microsoft Word” where you just have to insert the image over the text and set the picture transparency while uploading your file to Google Docs. Follow the steps to do so:
Note: The image you want to add to your Google doc’s background should be saved in your PC to complete this process.
- Log in to your Google account and open Google Docs, to import your Google Doc document
- Hit on the Main Menu icon and choose theDoc icon
- There, select the “Blank” option and edit your document.
- Now, create your Microsoft account on the Office Online. (log in, If you have an account )
- Now, create a blank document
- Copy the text contents of Google Docs and paste it into the Office Online document window.
Note: Download your Google Docs special graphics as a .docx file and then again upload it to OneDrive. As you have opened your document in the Word Online, choose the “Insert” option in the Main Menu list and select “Picture.”
- Search for the image you wish to add to your background in the document and upload it to your Word
- Right-click on the image and go to the “Wrap Text” option.
- Once you are done with adding images by repeating the above the above steps, save the document to your PC and ensure that it is in the .docx file format
- Once it is done, go back to Google Docs and create a blank file
- Hit on the “File” option and choose the “Open” icon
- Upload the word document you have saved in your computer by selecting the “Upload” option
- As the file is now uploaded, right-click on the image/s and choose “Images Options.”
- A small window opens up (to the right side of the screen). Here you can set the transparency of the images in the file
Great! This easy method will insert your custom background image on your Google Docs file.
2. Add Google Docs Picture behind Text using Google Slides
This is another simple method which doesn’t require you to switch between many applications. It doesn’t really adds a background image to your Google docs file but is an excellent solution if you want a limited text file like a customized greeting card. Let us see, how to do so:
- Log into your Google account, and open Google Slides
- Hit on the “Blank” button to open a new presentation
- Now, Click on “File” and select “Page Setup.”
- Click on “Custom” and set the height to 11’ and width 8.5.’
- Your page now appears like a Google Docs document
- Once the setup is done, hit on “Slide” icon and select the “Change Background” icon
- Now, the “Background” window appears and hit on “Choose” button
- Find the image in your computer which you wish to add to your Google doc or slide and hit “Open.”
- As the image is now set up, click on the “Done” option
- You can also add text boxes and edit them
- After that, you can download your new document as a PDF and open it with PowerPoint
Your newly created presentation is now designed with your custom image on your text file.
Great Job! You can now use the Google Docs effectively as you can now add the background image you want to insert in your Google Docs file. However, Google promises to incorporate and add the features that are lacking in the Google Docs.
Let us know any doubts or suggestions you have related to this article and feel to free to drop down it in the comments section below.